Monday, April 7, 2008

Maniac Monday! Okami Style

Let me just put this out there--Okami is the best game ever created for any platform ever. There. I said it. If you have a Playstation 2 (or a Wii, the port version is coming April 15 and if I have any money left after taxes I will buy a second copy for the Wii) and you don't have this game, you have to stop reading this right now, go get it, play it, and then come back. See you in 40 hours.

And if you don't have those consoles, or if you still want to see some amazing crafts, stay here. On to the crafts!



1. The most awesome quilt ever created. The woman who made this also made a slightly less awesome but still really kickass awesome Wind Waker quilt. Alright, they're both awesome. I love Wind Waker too. She is probably the coolest mom on the block and the envy of all the neighbor's kids. I'm actually glad she doesn't sell these, because I would spend untold amounts of money to own this. For those who aren't familiar with quilts, this is called a stained glass quilt. And no offense to those who are quilters, but this is WAY COOLER than pinwheels.

2. It's not often you see video-game related jewelry, but this is pretty sweet. Etsy user Whitey594 is selling some like this here and it looks like he/she makes a custom necklace based on your favorite glaive and beads. If you haven't played Okami, those are the weapons that you get throughout the game--and they are all beautiful. I would like to have any of them on a necklace (if I would only wear jewelry).

3. Lastly, these pictures, sold by Etsy user Zamtionary. I'm not exactly sure what they are, (cards of some sort? Maybe just laminated pictures?) but they are the most adorable little drawings of the characters. Of course, Okami has some of the most beautiful artwork that I've ever seen in a game, but when it is chibified, it just makes you want to go "awwwwww".

And I leave you with a fearsome wolf!

3 comments:

amber said...

Agreed. Okami is the best video game! Have you actually finished it? I've had it for about 2 years and I'm almost done. Haven't played it for a while now and I find ever time I go back to it after a big break I have to spend a lot of time reorienting myself with the world and trying to figure out what mission I was last on.

Doesn't matter, I still love it. It's just so beautiful. I love making the trees bloom and drawing the cherry bombs just to see them explode.

I'm going to try very hard to resist visiting the Etsy store and buying those Chibified character cards. I am also wondering if my Mom's cat would like to have a construction paper fearsome wolf costume?

Geek Central Station said...

Yeah, I actually finished it twice. As soon as I finished it the first time, I said "time to go get all of the beads now!" and another 40 hours was put into the game. I also like to just run around and watch the flowers bloom behind me.

If you survive dressing up a cat (yeah right) post pics! I have a white cat too...hmmm...although she doesn't like the elf costume I bought for her at Christmas, so I doubt paper would last very long, lol.

Okami fan said...

"Okami is the best game ever created for any platform ever".

Utterly, totally,and irrefutably correct.