Saturday, April 4, 2009

Crochet R2D2 Pattern!

Alright, I'll admit it. I'm really upset that I didn't make this pattern. It was made by the wonderful dorfmunder and she graciously let me test the pattern for her, and it's now up for sale on her etsy page! I'm so grateful that someone actually made a crochet r2d2 with a pattern! Anyway, I'm posting this because 1) It's awesome. 2) It's R2D2 and 3) it's made to fit to scale to my little dudes! The pattern was really easy to follow, and my little artoo came out so cute.
See? He he is with the rest of the gang. The crochet part was actually really easy to follow (except I made one of his arms too short and had to rip it out) and then the blue felt pieces are just glued on. And he actually balances quite nicely on his arms, I didn't have to weight him or anything.

And here he is with Leia in the Tantive IV, receiving secret plans on the Death Star.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think of him! I think he's super cute. Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

He's absolutely adorable! I'm not sure if I can pull off cutting the felt myself, but that's what husbands are for. This is definitely going in the Ravelry que.

Machiavelli's Daughter said...

As always, you have *the* cutest things on here. Also, I'm very excited to see you in a month and a half. I've missed hearing you rattle of Star Wars quotes.

Jennifer Yaros said...

It is so nice to know that I am not the only geek around. Thanks for posting this. I've been searching for a crochet pattern for R2 for a month since I saw a finished one on the Star Wars Blog.

iphoneluv said...

Jennifer, the original artist of the R2D2 crochet you saw on Star Wars blog has finally released the pattern on etsy.

DIO1337 said...

ISC888 สล็อตออนไลน์ ระบบความมั่นคง ปลอดภัย 100% ให้บริการ ดุจญาติสนิท ดั่งมิตรที่รัก

สมัครสมาชิก ฟรีโบนัสเครดิต 2,000 บาท สูตรบาคาร่า หมุนสล็อตฟรี 50 รอบ

มีระบบใช้งาน เมนูเป็นภาษาไทย

ทำรายการถอนรวดเร็ว ทำได้ตลอด 24 ชั่วโมง และไม่มีค่าธรรมเนียมการถอน เพียง 5 วินาที

Call center 24 ชั่วโมง สอบถาม ปรึกษา และ สมัครได้ตลอด