Tuesday, February 16, 2010

This goes against my better judgment.

Alright, anyone who has been reading my blog for any amount of time probably knows that I hate the new Star Wars trilogy. (On a mostly unrelated side note, which will probably turn into a long and rambling story, I am a team leader at work. That being the case, I decided to do the mature, appropriate thing and force everybody to call me "Galactic Empress" and I then forced them to choose nicknames for themselves. It was going so well--I had a Jedi Knight, an Imperial Walker (I call her "atat" for short) and a Wookie Overlord. I even had people who were not on my team who wanted in, and so I even acquired an honorary Ewok and Rebel Fighter on my team. I swear, they picked the names themselves! Seriously! Then, my last team member decided that he wanted to be Jar Jar Binks. What. The. Hell. Who in the hell chooses to be Jar Jar? In the end I had to drop the whole thing. It was so embarrassing.) Anyway, I hate almost every single thing about the new trilogy. That being said, I hope you guys will appreciate me posting the following creation made by Ravelry user guh-nome:


Yeah, it's General Grievous. They might as well have called him General Bad Guy. Maybe General Evil. Okay, that's enough! This little guy is seriously awesome though. He's all poseable and looks really great. I am envious of the mad crochet skills going on here.

Anyway, I wanted to post this little guy because I think it is (another) awesome crochet project. I like crochet; it's pretty easy to make shapes and forms and I think I did pretty well creating a nice body shape for my little dudes. But some people can do way more amazing stuff! And the detail on this is incredible. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Jenny-O said...

Of all of it, I love the eyes. They really pop.

Valerie said...

I have to say, that is pretty awesome to take something like crochet and make this. Not your regular granny square.